;; But I Had A Tiara: Getting Our Homeschool On

Friday, July 30, 2010

Getting Our Homeschool On

Having just returned home from India and some beautiful experiences there, I am needing to be purposeful about changing gears and getting back into the swing of things. One of those things is homeschooling.

This year, as far as school-aged students, I will have a high school sophomore, a 6th grader and a 4th grader (eek, freaks me out a little to list them out like that! How could they possibly be at those levels? And how could I possibly have only three school-aged kids?).

I have a loose framework of ideas for curriculum and objectives set out before me, and I need to narrow my scope and get more specific, especially for my high schooler. This can get overwhelming at times, because high school is so important for his future. Yes, one of my favorite words, “purposeful”, definitely needs to apply here.

My bloggy friend Darcy (who took my jumble of ideas and preferences and designed my fabulous blog) ran a helpful and encouraging “blog hop” last year on her personal blog. It will be run this year as well, over at another blog she is involved with, Heart of the Matter. I am going to use it as motivation to get my own ducks in a row. Or chickens in a tree, whichever the case my be at my house.

P7270341

It will run for four weeks and include Curriculum Week, School Room Week, Student Photo Week and Day In The Life Week (when you go to their site you can also get links to last year’s posts).

Check it out (click on banner below) and I hope I will see some of you joining in!

Not Back to School Blog Hop

4 comments:

Genny said...

Tiffany! So nice to hear from you! How wonderful that you went to India. Looking forward to hearing more about it. The organization I've gotten involved with is going to be building a Courage House in India too, in addition to here in the Us and in Africa. This issue is in our own cities!

It is so wonderful to see so many people making an eternal difference in the lives of these children!

Maher Family said...

May God bless continue to bless you. It seems like you have your work cut out for you. Where did you take that picture with the birds?

Anonymous said...

LOL -- The picture is of our chickens. I need ot get a better picture.They have been roosting in the trees near our driveway recently. Even one of the roosters gets up there. The other rooster tries, but the head dude won't allow it if he is anywhere nearby. Such funny animals.

Blessings to you also:)

The Everett Seven said...

Thanks for passing this on! Our second year of homeschooling is quickly approaching. We are still improving on how,where,and why we will teach next year. This blog hop will be very helpful. I might even link a post to our new homeschool room.