;; But I Had A Tiara: Infinite Forgiveness

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Infinite Forgiveness

Galatians 2:20 "I am crucified with Christ: neverthless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."

This Easter weekend I am mulling this over in light of the death and resurrection of Jesus. That verse to me speaks so clearly of death and resurrection, and also of the symbolic and obedient act of baptism.

The darkness of the crucifixion is not His death. It is the sin and shame He took upon Himself for all of us. It is symbolized also by the cave in which He was buried. Sometimes I forget His benefits, and I lay claim to my sin and my ugliness. I retreat into my cave of unworthiness, of isolation, and of shame. And yet, why? He already took it from me.

And when the Light comes, boy, does it ever come! The dead body is gone -- Jesus is alive and well. He is walking and talking to His friends. Is he still saddled with the sin and the shame? NO!

The sin and shame and all of the ugliness He took upon Himself is simply gone. It's not just that He took it. It's that He took it and it was forgiven. He put it as far as the east is from the west.

I read a Bible study on this once (get ready -- I looove this!). If He would have said as far as the north is from the south He would have been describing a finite distance. You can only travel so far north before you start back up and are traveling south! But you can head east or head west forever!

Infinite forgiveness. Ours because we are called out of darkness and into His glorious light!

I John 1:5b "God is Light, and in Him there is no darkness at all."

Darkness= sin and shame, death
Light= infinite forgiveness, LIFE!

May you have a blessed, light-filled Easter!


5 comments:

Sarah Vertner said...

So beautifully said. I don't know that I have really considered the darkness at the cross being from our sin, but I think you are right. What a beautiful, bright day!?!

christa jean said...

The light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not mastered it... Thank you, Jesus!

HDMac said...

:) I am so unworthy, yet God in His love reached down and sent His Son. PTL! Thank you, Jesus!

Kathi said...

Amen, Tiffany. Well said. Have a great week. Kathi

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.